Click here for the full article on Parsnip & Parsley Root Bisque Recipe
Parsnip & Parsley Root Bisque with White Truffle Oil
This easy to make sweet vegetable bisque gets a gourmet upgrade with the addition of white truffle oil and hazelnuts. It can also be made into a vegetarian soup by using vegetable broth in place of chicken broth.Print Pin Add to Collection Go to Collections
- 4 cups peeled and chopped parsnips or parsley root about 1 lb
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup reduced sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese grated
- salt and white pepper to taste
- 6-10 drops white truffle oil optional
- 6-10 toasted hazelnuts
- reserved parsley sprigs if using parsley root
- In a large saucepan, combine parsnips and/or parsley root, milk, and broth of choice. Simmer over medium low heat for 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are very tender.
- Add mixture to a blender with parmesan cheese.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Ladle into 2-4 bowls or cups.
- Sprinkle with hazelnuts, white truffle oil, and a parsley sprig.
Tried this Recipe? Tag me Today!Mention @littlerustedladle or tag #littlerustedladle!