Click here to view the full Gone Ice Fishin' article. See us Wisconsinites freeze in the cold catching our feast for the day! Wisconsin's best homemade fish fry recipes include: Pistachio crusted panfish, gluten free sautéed panfish with a rum butter pan sauce, broccoli slaw, potato pancakes, and tartar Sauce.
Pistachio Crusted Panfish Recipe
- 1 Cup Panko crumbs
- ½ Cup Shelled pistachios, finely chopped
- ½ tsp. Seasoned salt
- ½ tsp. Black pepper
- 2 Lg. Eggs, beaten
- ¼ Cup Almond milk (may substitute 2% milk)
- ½ Cup Gluten free all-purpose flour (may substitute all-purpose flour)
- 8-12 ozs. Fresh perch, bluegill or walleye filets
- Canola oil for frying
- Combine first four ingredients in a shallow dish and set aside.
- Combine eggs and almond milk in another shallow dish and set aside.
- Add flour to another shallow dish and set aside.
- To bread fish, dip one fish filet in pan of gluten free all-purpose flour, then dip into egg mixture, then into panko/nut mixture. Lay flat on a sheet pan. Repeat with remaining fish filets.
- Fry breaded filets in 350 degree pre-heated oil for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown.
- Drain on newspaper, sprinkle with salt and serve with tartar sauce and lemon wedges.