A light, early autumn slaw made with apples, yellow peppers, and mint. The flavors are brought together with the addition of sunflower seeds and sunflower oil.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time5 mins
Total Time20 mins
Servings: 4 side servings
Medium serving bowl
- 2 cups purple cabbage finely sliced
- 2 cups green cabbage finely sliced
- 1 bag shredded carrots store-bought
- 2 green apples finely sliced
- 1 yellow pepper finely sliced
- chives to taste
- fresh mint to taste
- 3/4 cup sunflower seeds shelled
- 1/3 cup sunflower oil
- 3 tbsp lime juice to taste
- 3 tbsp clear vanilla
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- clementine zest from 1 clementine
- clementine juice from 1 clementine
- 1/2 tsp roast cinnamon
- salt & pepper to taste
- .5 inch ginger root grated
In a medium serving bowl, combine the combined purple and green cabbage, apples, yellow pepper, and carrots. Add chives and fresh mint. Set aside.
Pour your sunflower seeds into a small skillet. Toast over medium heat stirring frequently until the seeds are fragrant. Add the toasted seeds to the serving bowl with the slaw.
Combine sunflower oil, lime juice, vanilla, apple cider vinegar, and clementine juice in a small bowl.
Add roast cinnamon, salt & pepper, and ginger and whisk until thoroughly blended.
Drizzle the dressing over the slaw and toss until coated. Sprinkle the slaw with the clementine zest and serve immediately or cover and refrigerate for up to several hours.
Calories: 210kcal | Carbohydrates: 24.4g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 12.4g | Saturated Fat: 1.2g | Sodium: 42mg | Potassium: 450mg | Sugar: 12.1g | Calcium: 56mg | Iron: 2mg