Click here to view the full post on Pork and Pumpkin Mole Chili
Pork and Pumpkin Mole Chili
The complex flavors of Mole sauce are combined with pulled pork, salsa, beans, corn, and pumpkin to create a very unique chili that your family will love.Print Pin Rate Add to Collection Go to Collections
- 3 lbs pork butt roast
- 1/2 cup prepared mole paste
- 1 1/2 cups onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 5 cups reduced ]-sodium chicken broth
- 1 14.5 ounce fire roasted diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 10 ounce can red chili enchilada sauce
- 1 7 ounce can salsa Mexicana (found in Mexican food isle)
- 1 7 ounce can salsa ranchera (found in Mexican food isle)
- 1 tbsp dark cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup roasted corn (can substitute plain frozen corn)
- 1/2 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1 14.5 ounce can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 15 ounce can unsweetened pumpkin
- 2 small jalapeño peppers sliced
- 1 avocado cubed
- 2 cups queso cheese shredded
- 2 cups small tortilla chips
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1/2 cup Mexican crema or sour cream
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine pork roast and mole paste. Seal, then rub the paste over roast on the outside of the bag. Marinate overnight.
- The next day, remove pork roast from bag, and place in a large slow cooker. Add onions, garlic, chicken broth, tomatoes, enchilada sauce, salsas, cocoa powder, corn, brown rice, and black beans. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Remove pork from slow cooker and let cool for 15 minutes. Pull with two forks.
- While pork is cooling, skim fat from surface.
- Stir in pumpkin, then gently add pork back to slow cooker.
- Heat for an additional 15 minutes.
- Ladle into shallow soup bowls. Finish with toppings of choice.
Feel free to substitute 14 ounces of your favorite salsa for this recipe.
Tried this Recipe? Tag me Today!Mention @littlerustedladle or tag #littlerustedladle!