Yay! It's National Watermelon Day!
We served this refreshing cold beverage at a wedding shower hosted by my friends, the Maule's. This is a party they will never forget. When planning, we stopped by our favorite vintage rental, Relics, in downtown Milwaukee. We have way more to share about this party, but for today lets dive right into this tasty limeade featuring watermelon and lemon balm.
Stay tuned for our next post where were share decorating tips as well as this delicious Pear, Rhubarb and Goat Cheese Waldorf Salad!
Design and food styling: Liz Maule and Jena Carlin
Model: Ruthie Maule
Furniture: Relics Vintage Rental
repurposed Bar: Jesse Maule
Sign Art: ChalkedMKE
Watermelon Lemon Balm Limeade
Refreshing Summer Combo!!Print Pin Add to Collection Go to Collections
- 2 handfuls of lemon balm leaves
- 3 cup water
- 1.5 cups honey
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- half a watermelon cubed
- 2 cups ice.
- Roll the limes back and forth over the counter with the palm of your hand. Cut limes in half, and juice them by hand or with a juicer
- Muddle lemon balm leaves in brown sugar and dash of lime juice at bottom of serving container.
- Bring 3 cup water to a boil in a small saucepan. Add sugar or honey, and stir until dissolved. Let cool.
- Mix all ingredients together. Serve.
Tried this Recipe? Tag me Today!Mention @littlerustedladle or tag #littlerustedladle!