Use this basic recipe to make truffles, as a filling for brownies, as a base for hot chocolate or anything else you can think of.
Author: Little Rusted Ladle
- 12 ozs semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 12 ozs heavy cream, heated to scalding
- 2 ea egg yolks
- 2 Tbsp. cognac or flavored spirits, optional
- Place chocolate, egg yolks, and cognac in a large food processor with a blade attachment. With the motor running, slowly add hot cream into the pouring tube. Process for one minute or until completely smooth. Transfer mixture to a bread loaf pan lined with non-stick foil. Refrigerate until firm.
- The hot cream does double duty here. It melts the chocolate and cooks the egg yolk. the yolk adds extra richness.