Click here to see the full post on Black & White Appetizers | Vanilla Custard with Blackberries Recipe.
Vanilla Custard with Blackberries
Guests will love the creamy smooth custard flavored with real vanilla. This custard can be eaten as is, topped with caramelized sugar, or used as a filling for crepes or pastries.Print Pin Rate Add to Collection Go to Collections
- 2 1/2 cups whole milk
- 8 large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 whole vanilla bean split
- In a heavy bottomed medium saucepan, bring milk to a simmer.
- Meanwhile, scrape the vanilla seeds from the vanilla bean with the back of a small paring knife and add to milk with the bean.
- Simmer on low for 15 minutes, then remove vanilla bean from milk and discard or save for another use.
- In a separate bowl combine egg yolks, sugar, and cornstarch. Stir until smooth.
- Slowly whisk one cup of milk into egg yolk mixture then slowly whisk egg mixture into pan with remaining milk. Whisk until well blended.
- Simmer mixture on medium low for 6-9 minutes, stirring constantly until mixture thickens.
- Transfer to a container. Place a piece of plastic wrap directly onto custard, then refrigerate until well chilled.
- Spoon cooled custard into small glasses or bowls and top with fresh fruit
Tried this Recipe? Tag me Today!Mention @littlerustedladle or tag #littlerustedladle!