Click here to view the full Cranberry Harvest post! Get a glimpse at Jena's hardworking family through the day of a central Wisconsin autumn cranberry harvest. Get all the amazing fall recipes including: Popovers with Cranberry Butter & Cranberry Sauce, Grandma Raab’s Cranberry Sauce, Blue Cheese and Cranberry Mascarpone Spread, and the Ultimate Thanksgiving Sandwich.
Popovers with Cranberry Cranberry Butter & Cranberry Sauce
- ¾ Lb. Wisconsin butter, softened
- ¼ cup [url href=”https://www.littlerustedladle.com/recipes/grandma-raabs-cranberry-sauce/” title=”Grandma Raab’s Cranberry Sauce”]Grandma Raab’s Cranberry Sauce[/url]
- 2 tsps. Bacon grease, butter or lard
- 1 Tbsp. Granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Butter, melted
- 2 Cups All-purpose flour
- 2 tsps. Salt
- 4 Lg. Eggs, room temperature
- 2 Cups Whole milk, room temperature
- In a large mixing bowl, whip butter with a paddle attachment on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add prepared [url href=”https://www.littlerustedladle.com/recipes/grandma-raabs-cranberry-sauce/” title=”Grandma Raab’s Cranberry Sauce”]cranberry sauce[/url]. Mix on low speed until well blended.
- Spread mixture onto a piece of plastic wrap or parchment paper. Roll up, then gently form butter into an even log shape.
- Place on a cookie sheet, then place in freezer until very firm(about one hour).
- Remove from freezer, cut into ½” pieces, then transfer pieces to a resealable plastic bag.
- Freeze until needed.
- Popovers – Grease a popover pan or six tall metal cups with bacon grease.
- Sprinkle sides with granulated sugar.
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F. C
- combine remaining ingredients in a food processor or blender and process mixture for about thirty seconds.
- Pour batter about half way up cups.
- Bake on the middle oven rack for 30-40 minutes or until tops are dark brown.
- Remove from oven and pierce tops with a small knife to allow steam to escape.
- Let cool for five minutes, then transfer to a serving platter and serve warm with Cranberry Butter and Grandma Raab’s cranberry sauce.
- Repeat with remaining batter, or refrigerate batter up to twenty-four hours.