Click here to view the full Cranberry Harvest post! Get a glimpse at Jena's hardworking family through the day of a central Wisconsin autumn cranberry harvest. Get all the amazing fall recipes including: Popovers with Cranberry Butter & Cranberry Sauce, Grandma Raab’s Cranberry Sauce, Blue Cheese and Cranberry Mascarpone Spread, and the Ultimate Thanksgiving Sandwich.
Ultimate Thanksgiving Sandwich
- 8 Slices Whole grain bread, toasted
- ½ Cup Leftover mashed potatoes
- ½ Cup Leftover cooked sweet potatoes, mashed
- 2 Tbsp. Mayonnaise
- 1 Lb. Leftover cooked turkey, warmed
- 8 Slices Wisconsin Swiss cheese
- 1 Cup Turkey gravy
- ½ Cup [url href=”https://www.littlerustedladle.com/recipes/grandma-raabs-cranberry-sauce/” title=”Grandma Raab’s Cranberry Sauce Recipe”]Grandma Raab’s Cranberry Sauce[/url]
- ½ Cup Fresh greens like spinach or arugula
- In a small microwave safe bowl, combine mashed potatoes, and mayonnaise until well blended. Heat in microwave until hot.
- Spread potatoes on four slices of bread.
- Working quickly, top potatoes with turkey, cheese, gravy, cranberry sauce and greens.
- Top sandwich bottoms with remaining slices of bread. Serve.