Click here to view the full Gone Ice Fishin' article. See us Wisconsinites freeze in the cold catching our feast for the day! Wisconsin's best homemade fish fry recipes include: Pistachio crusted panfish, gluten free sautéed panfish with a rum butter pan sauce, broccoli slaw, potato pancakes, and tartar Sauce.
Gluten Free Sautéed Panfish with Rum Butter Sauce
- 1 Cup Gluten free all-purpose flour (may substitute all-purpose flour)
- 1 tsp. Cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp. Black pepper
- 6-8 Ea. Fresh panfish filets (bluegill, perch or crappie)
- 1 tsp. Canola oil
- 1/3 Cup Spiced rum
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh orange juice
- 2 Tbsp. Unsalted butter
- Combine gluten free flour, Cajun seasoning, and pepper in a small bowl.
- Dredge fish filets in flour mixture.
- Pre-heat a frying pan over medium heat.
- Add canola oil, then add fish filets one at a time, shaking off excess flour.
- Saute’ for 2-3 minutes per side or until just cooked through.
- Transfer fish to a plate and cover with foil.
- Remove pan from heat then add rum. Return to heat and cook until liquid is almost evaporated. Caution: if using a gas stove, alcohol may ignite, so keep face away from pan. Add orange juice and butter. Remove from heat and stir until butter has melted into liquid. Season with salt and pepper. Pour over warm fish and serve.