New Year, New Stew (Detox Soup)!
Welcome to 2015, everyone! A new year that comes with new hopes, dreams, and for many, a desire to improve their health. Or at least expel some of the toxins and bad habits we accumulated throughout 2014.
Whether it’s exercise, eating better, or simply cutting back on drinking after a holiday filled with a lot of “cheers!”, January is always the month to kick off these resolutions. What better way to eat healthy and expel those holiday toxins than with an extremely tasty detox soup!
Think Healthy Thoughts
Detox du Jour
More Than Soup!
- 1 bunch organic beets with greens washed
- Remove beet greens from beets, chop both into bite size pieces and add to pressure cooker.
- Chop remaining raw vegetables into bite size pieces and add to pressure cooker.
- Add turmeric, cinnamon and vegetable broth. Fasten lid to cooker, by following directions of cooker.
- Cook over medium high heat for 25-30 minutes. Cooker valve should close allowing pressure to build in cooker. A steady release of excess pressure should be heard while cooking.
- After 25 minutes, carefully release pressure until all pressure is gone and top is able to be opened.
- Remove top, ladle into shallow bowls and serve.
- Garnish with pumpkin seeds and season to taste minimally with salt and pepper.