Click here to view the full Gone Ice Fishin’ article. See us Wisconsinites freeze in the cold catching our feast for the day! Wisconsin’s best homemade fish fry recipes include: Pistachio crusted panfish, gluten free sautéed panfish with a rum butter pan sauce, broccoli slaw, potato pancakes, and tartar Sauce.
- 1 Bag (20 ozs.) Frozen, shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 3 Lg. Eggs, beaten
- ½ Cup Gluten free all-purpose flour (may substitute all-purpose flour)
- 4 Ea. Green onions, chopped
- 1 tsp. Seasoned salt
- 1 tsp. Black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. Canola oil
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add a teaspoon of oil to a pre-heated frying pan over medium heat.
- Add 4-5 heaping tablespoons of potato mixture to the hot pan.
- Flatten with the back of the spoon.
- Fry 3-4 minutes or until golden brown.
- Turn with a spatula and fry an additional 3-4 minutes.
- Transfer cakes to a sheet pan and cover with foil. Keep warm in a 175 degree oven.
- Repeat process with remaining potato mixture.
- When all cakes are browned, serve.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with apple sauce.