Does it get much prettier then this Pear and Rhubarb Waldorf Salad? Not to mention that it is at tasty as it is pretty. That's why it makes the prefect first course to this styled-out wedding shower. This extravagant party took place at our friend's, the Maule's, house. Before the guests arrived we had a photo shoot staring their beautiful daughter Ruthie and a precious baby goat that was born that afternoon. Yes! This darling baby goat you see below is only a few hours old.
Art Direction and Styling: Liz Maule and Jena Carlin
Model: Ruthie Maule
Furniture and Props: Relics Vintage Rental
repurposed Bar: Jesse Maule
Sign Art: ChalkedMKE
Thank you all for for stopping by. While you're thinking rhubarb, check out this Strawberry Rhubarb Jam with Chia Seeds! Don’t wait until a special occasion, create one!
Pear and Rhubarb Waldorf SaladPrint Pin Rate Add to Collection Go to Collections
- 4 Pears thinly sliced
- 1 stalk Rhubarb thinly sliced
- 1 Cup Walnuts chopped
- 1 Cup Mini basil sprigs
- 1 cup Fresh lemon balm chopped
- Blue cheese dressing
- ¼ cup Whole-egg mayonnaise
- 2 tsp Lemon juice
- 2 tbsp Water
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- 100 grams Soft blue cheese chopped
Blue Cheese Dressing
- Blend the mayonnaise, lemon juice, water, salt, pepper and blue cheese in the bowl of a food processor until smooth.
- Layer the pears, rhubarb, walnuts, mini basil, and lemon balm in an individual dish. Top with blue cheese dressing.
Lori Rice says
That picture of Ruthie with the goat is quite possible the cutest thing I have ever seen!