Does it get much prettier then this Pear and Rhubarb Waldorf Salad? Not to mention that it is at tasty as it is pretty. Thats why it makes the prefect first course to this styled out wedding shower. This extravagant party took place at our friend’s, the Maule’s, house. Before the guests arrived we had a photoshoot staring their beautiful daughter Ruthie and a precious baby goat that was born that afternoon. Yes! This darling baby goat you see below is only a few hours old.
Thank you all for for stopping by. Don’t wait until a special occasion, create one!
- 4 PEARS, THINLY SLICED
- 1 STALK RUHBARB, THINLY SLICED
- 1 CUP (100G) WALNUTS, CHOPPED
- 1 CUPS MINI BASIL SPRIGS
- 1 CUP FRESH LEMON BALM SHOPPED
- BLUE CHEESE DRESSING
- ¼ CUP (75G) WHOLE-EGG MAYONNAISE
- 2 TEASPOONS LEMON JUICE
- 2 TABLESPOONS WATER
- SEA SALT AND CRACKED BLACK PEPPER
- 100G SOFT BLUE CHEESE, CHOPPED
- When making the blue cheese dressing, blend the mayonnaise, lemon juice, water, salt, pepper and blue cheese in the bowl of a food processor until smooth.
- Layer the pears, rhubarb, walnuts, mini basil and lemon balm along with the dressing to serve.