I am still way too into shabby chic — more then I should be. But hey, Its Mother’s Day. If there is ever a time to embrace it’s now. I want to share my sweet little table scape design along with a delicious healthy recipe. Avocados are wonderful used in decor and well as desserts. Try this Avocado and Key Lime Chia Pudding but don’t throw out the skins. Avocado skins when mixed with water over a low heat make the most rustic pink colorant.
We used the dip dye technique on a burlap table runner and found fantastic ombre results.
1. Start by adding the skins of two avocados to three cups of water over low heat for 1 hour.
2. Cut piece of burlap to desired length and width.
3. Roll the burlap and stick one end in for 3-6 hours.
4. Air dry.
One lesson I learned from my Mom is that you can never have too much dinnerware. The eclectic floral plates were collected from antique stores and estate sales around the state. We kept the centerpieces simple by casually laying roses down the center of our tattered barn wood table.
Enjoy the outdoors this Mother’s Day and treat your Mom to a rustic picnic in the woods!
Healthy Avocado and Key Lime Chia Pudding
- 1 avocado
- 1 banana
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup key lime concentrate
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp Matcha tea (optional)
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend on low until smooth consistency.
- Refrigerate for 20 min before serving.