Spooky Halloween Shots
Halloween may be for the kids, but these Potion Vials for Halloween Shots will be a “treat” fit for any mad scientist!
Halloween is just around the corner! I like to throw a spooky holiday party in my studio space. A mix of vintage props and DIY decor are able to transform the space into a beautiful, gothic lab. And what lab is complete without some mysterious potions?
The great thing about this DIY is that it adds to the feel of the space while also serving a pracitical purpose on my treats table. We went for blood-red Halloween shots, but you could mix your favorites in poisonous shades of green or a rainbow of colors.
What You Will Need:
Test tubes with Stand (like this one)
Black tissue paper
Silver plastic skulls
Black, gray, and bronze craft paint
1. Start by painting the Halloween shots test tube stand with a layer of Mod Podge.
2. Then, crumple some black tissue paper and lightly wrap it around the stand so the wood is completely covered. Paint the tissue paper with another coat of Mod Podge.
3. Once the stand has dried, cut the faces from the silver plastic skulls and hot glue one to each side.
4. Next, paint the whole thing black and allow to dry.
5. Dry brush the stand first with gray paint and then with bronze paint, letting the paint dry between colors.
6. Finally, hot glue moss in some of the stand corners to complete the decrepit, time-worn look.
7. Fill the vials with the tasty Halloween shots of your choice!