We love the family time leading up to the holidays! Here is a recipe for some beautiful watercolor and marble snowflake sugar cookies that even a toddler can help with!
We started by making white marshmallow fondant at home. Roll out the fondant and water down some food coloring to paint it with. We chose shades of teal and blue to keep it simple. While the fondant is tacky we added shades of blue sprinkles and cut out a variety of sizes of snowflakes.
Then we worked on the sugar cookie folding teal food coloring in the dough until we had the color and marble look we wanted. Roll it out and cut out more snowflakes in a variety of shapes. Cook and cool sugar cookie. adhere the cookie and fondant together with white icing.
- 8 ounces marshmallows (4 cups not packed) (make your own)
- 1 pound powdered sugar (4 cups), plus extra for dusting
- 2 tbsp water
- Place the marshmallows and water in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 1 minute, until the marshmallows are expanded.
- Stir the marshmallows until they are smooth.
- Add powdered sugar and stir. It will become too hard to stir.
- Scrape mixture out onto a powder sugar dusted work surface. Knead the fondant mixture like bread dough until smooth.
- It is ready to be used and rolled out or cover with plastic wrap until you are ready.